Thursday, January 10, 2013

Week 1



Hi! My name is Lauren Maeda. My google username is laurenym748.

 My favorite technology gadget is my iPhone.  I'm basically glued to my iPhone.  I just got this phone about 4 months ago, and I absolutely love everything about it.  Thinking back, not sure how I survived without it, as I was an android user before.  I use the web to check email and keep up with the news.  Then there's tons of apps that I use, especially the camera/picture effects to take millions of pictures of my nephew! I love how the iPhone takes really clear pictures, something my last phone didn't really do!

I'm a visual learner and need to see what my work should look like and I usually learn best when the instructions or requirements are clear for me to follow along with.  I feel that Microsoft is a skill that I have, as I feel comfortable using the different Microsoft programs.  I am always on tasks and have good communications skills and I always want to make sure that I covered all points in order to get the best grade! I'm open to hearing other people's ideas and perspectives and learning new things.

This is a video example of a teacher integrating technology into their classroom. Although this video is short as it's a "promo" I thought it was very clear how the teacher uses technology in her classroom with her diverse students.  I think it's great how she pointed out that the students are diverse in many ways, even social-economical.  I think we often forget about the few students who don't have access to a computer due to their social-economic status, and in school may be their only opportunity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment